Friday, January 7, 2011

Recipe Friday: Barbecue Meatloaf

"Meatloaf just doesn't get any respect. It never has been able to rise above the rank of  'home cooked meal.'"  From Once a Chef

Although I love exotic, spicy cuisines, I adore comfort food! Remember all those wonderful meals your mom used to make back in the olden days?

When I was a kid, I hated meatloaf! But now I love it, I guess because it reminds me of the good old days--the days when I wasn't doing the cooking!

I have several meatloaf recipes, but this one, from The Cincinnati Enquirer, is a favorite! It's quick, easy to prep, cheap, and really delicious! Hope you like it!

Barbecue Meatloaf

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup plus 2 T BBQ sauce, divided
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t Dijon mustard (or regular mustard)
1 t minced garlic
1/2 t dried thyme

Heat oven to 350.  Microwave onion 1 minute on high. Combine cooked onion, turkey, beef, crumbs, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and thyme. Mix. Spoon into 9x4 inch loaf pan. Brush with remaining BBQ sauce. Bake 50-60 minutes. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Makes 10 slices.

What's your favorite meatloaf? Tweet me @: maria_mckenzie. Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm still new to eating meats and don't have a favorite meatloaf. I do have a favorite bacon though, Coleman uncured. Num num num.

Melissa said...

Sounds really yummy!!!!

Maria McKenzie said...

@Happy Whisk: I love bacon! Not familiar with Coleman uncured, but I'll take your word that it's delicious!

@Melissa: It is! Hope you get a chance to try it:).

Susanne Drazic said...

Meatloaf is a favorite with my guys. You can make it so many different ways. I add salsa and cheese for a Mexican meatloaf.

The Happy Whisk said...

It's so so good. And not over-salted. Love it.

Maria McKenzie said...

@Ssanne: That sounds good! I've made Italian meatloaf, but I've never tried Mexican.

@Happy Whisk: I'll have to see if I can find it around here!

The Words Crafter said...

I love meatloaf! And pretty much any kind, too. My sister makes one with green beans and potatoes in it!

Maria McKenzie said...

Wow, sounds delicious--a meal in one:)!

joy said...

Good day! I was so impressed to see a very well-presented dishes that is absolutely tasty and delicious. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated. You can also visit my site if you have time.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Silvia Jacinto said...

Life is a battle, if you don't know how to defend yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So, better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net