Monday, June 25, 2012

Orange Juiced Pork Chops


Cooking is time consuming, which is why I love my crock pot! There just aren't enough hours in the day to fit in everything that needs to get done--along with all that you want to get done--like reading and writing! So why use up precious time standing over a stove?

Although crock pot meals may take hours to cook (but keep in mind, the crock does the cooking, not you), some only take minutes to prepare, like this tasty recipe I'm sharing today from my GE Slow Cooker Recipe Book!

Serve this with rice and a salad, and you're good to go! Enjoy!

Orange Juiced Pork Chops

1 6oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 t soy sauce
2 T cornstarch
1/2 t garlic powder
6 1 inch thick boneless, center cut pork chops

Combine all ingredients, except for meat, in the crock.  Stir well.  Add meat and stir well to coat.  Cover and cook on:

Low - 6-8 hours
 or
High - 3 hours

Do you own a crock pot?  If so, what's your favorite crock pot recipe?  Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Old Kitty said...

I don't have one of these amazing pots but I do like slow cooking all in one recipes - just put all in one pot and leave to cook! Yay! take care

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I have a crock pot that is about 30 years old and it just keeps cooking. This recipe looks delicious, must try it!

shelly said...

I love my crockpot, too. Mostly for soups though. My hubby doesn't care for meat dishes cooked in it. I'd love to get a pressure cooker or one of those New Wave ovens. They cook meals in 30 minutes.

Maria McKenzie said...

@Old Kitty: You must get one;)!

@Karen: My first one was probably 30 years old from the Salvation army! I had to upgrade a few years ago! I'm sure my new one will perform 30 years or more for me!

@Shelly: I've never tried soups in my slow cooker! I'd love a pressure cooker. Will have to look into that New Wave oven--sounds miraculous:)!

Norma said...

Yum! I love pork chops and I love my slow cooker! Can't wait to try this one!

Maria McKenzie said...

Hi, Norma! Hope you enjoy this;).

William Kendall said...

I have a great fondness for pork chops. I think my mother makes it similar to this, just with an alternative to soy sauce.

Maria McKenzie said...

I have a great fondness for pork chops, too;)!

Intangible Hearts said...

Sounds delicious. I only have a small crock pot that wouldn't fit 6 chops but this sounds amazingly delicious!