A perk of being a favored customer at our favorite Chinese restaurant is getting a ship load of fortune cookies with our take out orders. The owners have two boys about the same ages as mine, and they always play together whenever we stop in--hence all the cookies!
As we sat eating cookies the other night and listening to each other's fortunes, the kids didn't understand them. While I explained the meanings, I thought, "These are pretty cool--and some would even make good dialog!"
Nowadays, the fortunes aren't really fortunes, but more encouragement, inspiration or words of wisdom. Thought I'd share a few today as--"food for thought." If some are Chinese proverbs or quotes without proper credit given, I apologize. The only attribute I can make is "From a Chinese Fortune Cookie." Here are a few favorites:
- Excellence is the difference between what I do and what I am capable of.
- We must always have old memories and young hopes.
- Fortune favors the brave.
- There are many ways you can be hurtful, but only one way to heal. That is through love.
- Blessed is the man who has found his work.
- Do not let great ambitions overshadow small success.
- A faithful friend is a strong defense.
- For insight on quandary, turn to people with firsthand experience.
Can you remember a favorite fortune from a fortune cookie?
Thanks for stopping by!