Monday, October 10, 2016

Scrumptious Beef


A few years ago I found the cookbook Fix It and Forget It at Half Price Books. I think I paid less than five dollars for it, and what a great investment! It's filled with lots of great recipes for crock pot, including this one, Scrumptious Beef. It sounds fabulous and EASY, which I love! I'm not a fan of cutting and chopping, so for the one chopped onion, I'd use 1 cup of pre-chopped frozen ones. They're a real time saver. Hope you enjoy this!

Scrumptious Beef

2 lbs beef, cubed
1/2 lb mushrooms sliced
10 1/2 oz. can beef broth
1 onion chopped
10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
3 T dry onion soup mix

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours. or LOW 7-8 hours. Serve over hot cooked rice.

If you're looking for comfort food, I think this would hit the spot. Speaking of which, do you have a favorite comfort food? Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

6 comments:

Norma said...

Thank You, Maria! Great! Something I can do in my crock-pot--and I think Collin​ will like it!

shelly said...

Sounds yummy and easy.

Maria McKenzie said...

@Norma: Hi Norma! I had you in mind when I was picking out a recipe:). I hope you and Collin like it!

@Shelly: Hi Shelly, hope you're arm is doing better. Yummy and easy is my favorite kind of recipe!

William Kendall said...

That sounds tasty.

Maria McKenzie said...

And simple;). Hope all is well with you!

William Kendall said...

Thank you for your comment. I've left a new post this morning at my blog with a proper explanation. One day at a time.