Friday, October 15, 2010

Recipe Friday: Kickin' Black Bean Dip

"A Cheerful heart is good medicine." Proverbs 17:22a

Black beans are a great source of dietary fiber and help naturally lower cholesterol. I love them and this is one of my favorite recipes!  The first time I had it was at my mother-in-law's. She'd made some and I just had to have the recipe!

The cayenne gives it extra kick, so if you can't take the heat use less, or leave out all together.

This dip is a great appetizer or makes a wonderful snack. I keep a batch in the fridge to munch on with raw veggies. Make some this weekend and enjoy!

Kickin' Black Bean Dip

2 t garlic powder
1 can black beans, drained
2 T olive oil
4 1/2 t fresh lime juice
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t ground coriander
1/4 t salt
1/4 t cayenne

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.  Blend or process until smooth. Serve with pita bread or raw vegetables.

Do you have a favorite bean dip?

Tweet me @: maria_mckenzie.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: