Monday, February 16, 2015

Heard Any Great Lines Lately?

The new guy's an idiot, but that was a great line.
I'll have to use it in my novel...
"The pen is the tongue of the mind." Miguel de Cervantes

And sometimes real life provides dialogue that our pens can have fun with by adding to a work in progress.

What are some great lines you've heard in real life said by a spouse, friend, child or relative?

One of my favorites was said by an acquaintance at my gym. I didn't hear it first hand, but she told me after the fact.

She'd been crudely propositioned by a military man, and her response to him from the StairMaster was as follows:

"I don't care how many battles you've fought or how many people you've killed, but if you say something like that to me again, I'm gonna get down off this machine and make sure you'll never fight again!"

I'll have to use that in my next manuscript! Now it's your turn--share a great line and who said it!

Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

Reprinted from 4/6/11.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

I do like that one!

Recently it's not so much as a line, but a word that's stuck in my head, referring to the Prime Minister here: the Tyrantic.

Maria McKenzie said...

Great word for that "character";)!

Norma said...

"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too good. I would catch it." -- Drax the Destroyer, Guardians of the Galaxy

Maria McKenzie said...

I love that line! I just saw the movie over the weekend--loved it!