Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fire up the Grill!

"The most tangible of all visible mysteries--fire." Leigh Hunt

There's nothing like meat cooked over that tangible mystery! Summer is prime grilling season, but real men grill all year long--at least my husband does! And I love that because grilling certainly saves me time. It takes only minutes to prepare a tasty marinade, and a few hours up to overnight to let the meat sit in the fridge.

Then I just yell, "Honey, time to grill!" While he's grilling, I fix rice, salad and a vegetable, and voila! Dinner's done, and clean up is fast!

Try this easy and delicious marinade the next time you have pork chops!

Ginger Honey Pork Chops

3 lbs. pork chops
3 t garlic powder
1 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped (food processor works well for this)
1 T packed brown sugar
1 t salt
2 t pepper
2 T honey
2 T soy sauce

Place chops in a non-reactive dish; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; spread over chops. Cover and marinate 1-24 hours in refrigerator. Grill as desired.

What's your favorite grilled meat? Vegetarian? What's your favorite grilled veggie?

Follow me on Twitter: @maria_mckenzie.

No comments: