Monday, June 27, 2016

Red Wine Braised Chicken

I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes! This one is for the crock pot, which is always a plus for me. It's from Midwest Living and sounds wonderful! Think I’ll try it this week.
Red Wine Braised Chicken
Ingredients
·         1/2 large onion, chopped

·         pounds bone-in skinless chicken thighs

·         packet (1.3 oz) McCormick slow cookers red wine braised roast seasoning mix

·         cup small peeled baby carrots, halved

·         10 ounces white button mushrooms, quartered

·         bag (14.4 oz) frozen pearl onions, thawed

·         1/2 cup dry red wine

·         1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped

·         Mashed potatoes and green peas (optional)

Directions
1.       Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2.       Place chopped onion in slow cooker; season chicken with seasoning mix and place on top of onion. Add carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions. Pour red wine and 1/2 cup water over top.
3.       Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4.       Stir in parsley and serve with mashed potatoes and peas, if desired.


Sounds like comfort food to me! What do you think? 

Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

4 comments:

Norma said...

Oh, this looks--and sounds--so good! I'm always looking for good crock pot recipes. And my son bought me a NuWave oven so now I need to learn how to use that....

William Kendall said...

I have had it quite similar to that. Tasty!

Anne said...

This does sound good. I will have to try this!

shelly said...

Sounds good. But I can't do the wine.