Monday, December 26, 2016

Pork Chop and Cabbage Dinner


Happy Day After Christmas! This I prepared my first Christmas dinner and as a result, probably won't do any cooking for a week. The holiday season with the New Year approaching is still busy, so if you have to cook, here's something quick from Fix It and Forget It. Enjoy!

Pork Chop and Cabbage Dinner

2lbs pork chops
3/4 cup chopped onions
2 T dried parsley
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 t caraway seeds
1/8 t allspice
1/2 cup beef broth
2 apples cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick

Place pork in slow cooker. layer onions, parsley and cabbage over pork. Combine salt, pepper, caraway seeds, and allspice. Sprinkle over cabbage. Pour broth over cabbage. Cook on LOW 5-6 hours. Add apple slices 30 minutes before serving.

My mom fixed a pork dish she served with baked apples on Christmas Eve. It was wonderful! I love pork and apples. How about you? Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

3 comments:

Norma said...

I'm not much of a meat eater anymore, but I do love pork chops!

Intangible Hearts said...

Sounds yummy! I gave my husband a slow cooker cookbook for Christmas and he can't wait to use it.

Maria McKenzie said...

@William: I agree!

@Norma: I never met a pork chop I didn't like;).

@Eve: I hope he enjoys impressing you with some good food!