Monday, January 3, 2022

Plastic Man


One of my sons took me to see the new Spider-Man movie, Spider-man: No Way Home , last week and it was phenomenal! I really enjoyed it because of all the nostalgia. That's all I'll say, otherwise I'll spoil everything.

Last year my kids were telling my 90-year-old mother all about their favorite superhero movies. Then one of them said, "We know you're not familiar with any of these characters," but she replied, "Yes I am. I remember Plastic Man."

My first thought was seriously? Then my youngest said, "He wouldn't be good for the environment."

Regardless, there really was a Plastic Man who appeared in 1941, when my mom would have been just ten years old. According to Wikipedia:

Plastic Man (real name Patrick "Eel" O'Brian) is a fictional superhero first appearing in Police Comics #1, originally published by Quality Comics and later acquired by DC Comics. Created by cartoonist Jack Cole, Plastic Man was one of the first superheroes to incorporate humor into mainstream action storytelling. This character has been published in several solo series and has interacted with other characters such as Batman and many others in the mainstream DC Universe as a member of the Justice League. He has additionally appeared in several television and video game adaptations, including a short-lived television show of his own named The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show.


Surprisingly, there is a film in development. Just not sure it'll ever get off the ground. One of the latest articles about the project states that they are shifting to a female lead as Plastic Man, or rather Woman.

Plastic Man is a DC Comic's character and my kids prefer Marvel movies to DC movies. So if Plastic Man ever does hit the big screen, they won't be seeing it. What about you?

Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

No comments: